Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Fun

We had a great time today at an ice cream festival. It was hot hot hot outside but it was a good day of walking around looking at all kinds of creative things that people have made and just enjoying each others company. We were planning on staying home and smoking a turkey but I think getting out was good for all of us. Even the baby seemed to enjoy it. Life seems so stressful lately that we all needed to have fun and sort of recharge. But let me not forget what this holiday is really meant for and that is to stop and remember those that have given there lives so that my family and I could have the freedom to enjoy the day we had together. Thank you to all the fallen men and women who have so selflessly given there lives for my freedom. And thank you also to their families for the sacrifice that they have made as well. Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment