Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Stormy Weather

      We are getting some much needed rain today. Our garden was looking a little thirsty. Watering with the hose only does so much. I am so hoping that our garden does well this year as we haven't had any luck at all for the past 2 summers. Before moving here we always had a fantastic garden and it has been terribly missed. I can't wait to eat that first tomato straight off the vine. That was one of my favorite things to do as a child whenever we'd have a garden, so it brings back good childhood memories.
       The kids are all finally out of school for the summer making our house pretty noisy and busy, which I am loving. I'm trying to get us all in gear to get everything ready for a yard sale. I think I'm gonna try to have a continuous yard sale all summer until I get rid of as much as possible and then donate what I can't. Money is really tight right now or I would just give it all away but we need some extra income desperately. I know there are many many families in the same situation, it seems to be happening to so many. We are really gonna try to downsize on our possessions this summer, as I feel the Lord pulling on me to do that. I feel like he's telling me to just be ready to pick up and go if need be and to not have anything holding us back. I'm not sure what that means but I am trying to listen to the Lord. I know we will be moving soon and aren't sure where we're going yet, but I don't think that's all it is. At the same time that I am feeling a pull to downsize possessions, I am also feeling a pull to stock up on food and necessities. My husband still looks at me like I'm crazy for feeling like things are going to get worse and I need to have us prepared. But being prepared is the responsible thing to do for a mother of 4. I think underneath he gets it though or else he wouldn't be admiring my growing supply of necessities.
      My baby girl is growing so fast. It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital. She already has 2 teeth and she's learning to crawl. I wish I could just slow the time down for all of them. My oldest will be a sophomore next year, my 2nd oldest will be in her last year of elementary school, and my son will be starting kindergarten. My goodness how time flies.We definitely have to cherish the time we have with them in our homes because they are grown and gone before we know it. Okay the tears are starting to well up in my eyes thinking about that so I better stop for today. Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment