Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Days

         Summer is definitely in full swing. Today was my oldest daughter's last day of her summer gym class. I know she is extremely happy that she is now officially done with gym class for the rest of her life. She is celebrating by spending the night at a friends house tonight. As my oldest has completed something in her life, my youngest has begun a few new things in hers. My 9 month old precious baby girl is now crawling. And of course that means that she is now keeping me constantly on my toes. Oh how I wish they didn't grow so quickly. She has also begun to feed herself finally although I still can't get her to eat any baby food. She does love cheerios and any real food that I may be eating.

         Today the youngest three and I went on a walk/bike/big wheel ride. I walked, my son rode the big wheel, and my middle girl rode her bike. It was a quick mile and a half on a bike trail but it was an enjoyable time. Even the baby had a good time riding in her stroller. I think she enjoyed the scenery. It left me realizing how much my 10 year old has grown. She is way to big for her bike, so big in fact that her knees were hitting the handlebars. Hopefully the Lord will put a bike in our path for her soon. She was a trooper and didn't complain much about it, she just enjoyed the opportunity to be on a bike. I also got to thinking about my son and the fact that he was riding a big wheel instead of a bike. I'm hoping that the Hubby and I can get my sons bike in good enough shape to take up there and get busy on helping him learn how to ride a bike soon. His big sisters all learned at his age.

         I am in serious need of a swift kick in the tush to get my yard sale in gear. I have been procrastinating for quite some time. Truth is I have never had much luck whenever I've had one before and I am not looking forward to another potential failure. If we weren't in such need of some extra income I would just give it all to Goodwill. I just need to get the family involved in helping me and just doing it. On a positive note our garden is doing better this year than in the previous summers since moving here. So it looks like we may actually be able to harvest something this year. I hope y'all will have a safe and memorable July 4th weekend. Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment