Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Been A While

      Things have been rather busy around here so I haven't had much time to get onto the computer other than to check out coupon deals and such. The weekend of the 4th was a fun time. We had a cookout with family saw fireworks and then the day after we took the kids to Cedar Point. They had a blast. My little man still wasn't big enough for majority of the rides. There were quite a few "big" rides he could've rode but he just wasn't ready yet. He stuck with all the kiddie rides and had a ball. The big girls got to ride tons of rides with Daddy. I rode the Millennium Force with them and ended up waking up the next 3 days with no voice from screaming so hard. I am so glad I only rode one ride. I must be getting older because the last time we were there 5 years ago I still had a very fun time riding all the big roller coasters. This time after one I was done. Lightheaded and worn out from one ride. I felt like a wimp. But I enjoyed watching the kids having such a good time with their Dad. The biggest shock of the whole experience was my 9 month old baby girl. She was an angel the whole day. We had never before taken a little one with us to an amusement park. Before Grandma would keep the little one with her. However this little precious has still yet to leave Mommy's side. She is the first one I have been able to breast feed so where I go she goes. She also still doesn't take to people outside our family unit. She breaks the hearts of all her Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles because she won't let any of them hold her. One of these days she'll be ready.
      Hubby's work has picked up some finally so he has been gone a lot. We sure do miss him when we don't get to see him much. I read over on another blog a while ago about respecting your husband and how the bible doesn't say "if he does this or that". I have to say I have tried and have failed miserably to do a much better job of respecting my Husband. I did always look at it like " well he did this or he didn't do that or he treated me this way" and on and on. I am trying to change the way I look at it and respecting him no matter what and I have to say this is probably one of the biggest challenges I have faced. We have had some very trying times in our marriage, who hasn't really, and I think this has caused me to harden my heart a lot more than I knew. I have also realized that my girls aren't showing him much respect either. It has me wondering if they are picking it all up from me. So I am going to be spending more time praying on this matter and would love it if y'all would throw me in your prayers as well. Sometimes I wonder if my Husband's actions are God's way of testing me with this area. That it's me who needs to change some things and not him. So I will be working diligently on this for a while and hopefully it will become second nature.
      I hope y'all had wonderful Independence Day's with your loved ones. Until next time God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment